PURPOSES OF THE PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The mission of PTA in California is three-fold:
- To support and speak on behalf of all children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decision affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to nurture children; and
- To promote parent and public involvement in schools and communities.